Child Performance Licences
How to get a performance licence
We request each application must be supported by:
- A copy of the birth certificate of the child
- Two colour passport type photographs taken during the last 6 months
- A copy of the child's contract, or other documents, if payment is being made to the child
- A declaration (when necessary) stating that the part cannot be undertaken except by a child of about his/her age
- Medical certificate, or as required by the Licencsing Authority
- A letter from the child's school giving their permission for the child to be absent from school (if required)
Producers should work with the child's parents to complete the application form at least 21 days before the first rehearsal or performance. The Local Authority require this period of notice to carry out the necessary checks before a licence can be issued.
Please note that we need to be in receipt of ALL paperwork in order to commence the processing of a Performance Licence. Applications received with less than 21 days notice may be refused.
It is important to know that any person who fails to observe any condition subject to which a licence is granted, or knowingly or recklessly makes any false statement in or in connection with the application for a licence is liable to a fine or imprisonment or both.
Other ways to apply
Download and complete the Application for a Child Performance Licence
- email it back to us with accompanying documentation at email@example.com
- post it to: Children Missing Education Service, Bath & North East Somerset Council, Lewis House, Manvers Street, Bath, BA1 1JG
We need to be in receipt of ALL paperwork in order to commence the processing of a Performance Licence.